Finding Joy in Our Journey

Finding Joy in Our Journey
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world." George Washington

Thursday, May 13, 2010

PoPsICle COziES


Popsicle Cozies

Somewhere I had seen that you could sew little Popsicle  holders out of Eco-friendly Felt.
Eco-friendly felt, is made out of  100% recycled plastic bottles.  The felt is washable, sturdy and very  versatile.  I just measured the popsicle and cut the felt to fit, leaving a little extra on the sides to cut with the pinking shears. I tried three different ways.  1. cut 2 pieces and sew all three sides.  Finish edges with pinking shears.  2. sew all three sides and hem top opening.  Turn unfinished edges inside, so that the seam is on the inside(like a pocket)  3. Cut one piece, fold over and stitch hem, side and bottom.  Finish with pinking shears.



Embellish with felt flowers or other cuties. 
I am no expert, but it was a simple solution to avoid paper towels, and mess.  My kids said it kept their hands warm, and since they are washable, yee haw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment